Alterra's mission is to “responsibly protect your family and the environment.” We believe we don’t just “kill bugs,” but that we make life easier, homes safer, and businesses more productive.
Alterra’s professionals are held to the highest standard in the pest control industry. We live by ten core principles that guide us in all that we do. We believe so much in these principles that we display them right here publicly to ensure us that you, the customer, hold us accountable.
- Elevate the Tribe - Build a positive team and family spirit through kindness, respect, appreciation and loyalty.
- Deliver "WOW" - Go the extra mile by exceeding expectations with every customer experience.
- The Platinum Rule - Nourish relationships by treating customers and associates the way "they" want to be treated.
- True North - Live by your moral compass exemplifying integrity, fairness, and trust.
- The "Rudy" Principle - Be resolute exuding passion and determination; never, never, never give up.
- All Ears on Deck - Listen, share, and collaborate ideas openly with customers and associates.
- Sharpen the Saw - Improve yourself personally and professionally through continued education.
- Celebrate Success - Encourage happiness through praise, incentives, activities, and friendship.
- Embrace Change - Adopt and drive new ideas with a sense of adventure.
- Be Irreplaceable - Create "customers for life" by providing extra value as the industry leader.
As an industry leader, our goal is to provide you with progressive pest control solutions that reduce potential health risks to humans and the environment. Your safety is our first priority. Alterra's application methods, products, training, and a commitment to the environment separate us from the competition.
Alterra is also a proud member of the EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program. Admittance into this program is only provided to those organizations that adhere to a higher standard of alternative pest control practices. At Alterra, we promise to take care of your home like it was our own.
Alterra is committed to helping protect the world's health from disease-carrying pests. To do this, Alterra has partnered with the Nothing But Nets campaign to help stop the spread of the deadly disease Malaria, transmitted by the mosquito bite. As a proud sponsor of this effort to help save lives, Alterra dedicates a portion of company profits annually to Nothing But Nets to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries with the greatest need. Together we can help save the lives of millions from this deadly killer.
"Thank you Deon for your friendliness and professionalism. You introduced yourself and greeted me with a smile, and you answered all my questions. You took careful consideration of my plants and shrubs, making sure not to damage anything. You also tried your best to take care of problem areas even though I had a lot of things in the way of you reaching those areas. I appreciate you being so thorough in those difficult spots. Alterra should be very proud to have Deon as an employee. I wish all my service calls for home needs were as positive as the experience I have had with Alterra. Many Thanks!"
-John S., San Jose, CA